Employment and Voluntary Experience
- Co-facilitator & Tutor Genadendal, South Africa 2012
As part of a three-month community education research project I designed and ran an intensive two-week course aimed at raising ecological awareness and fostering creative leadership in adolescents. Part of a wider initiative with Transition Town Greyton and Theewaterskloof Municipality to develop environmental awareness and sustainable leadership amongst the youth of the region.
- Volunteer, Kadampa Zentrum Deutschland Berlin, Germany 2010-2011
Helping the Buddhist Kadampa Order renovate an old country house to become the Order’s German meditation centre.
- Baker & Stallholder Berlin, Germany 2009-2011
In the Mauerpark market every Sunday, a community and tourist hub of Berlin, I ran a stall serving homemade chai and freshly baked cakes.
- Lesson Planner, Bookrags.com Online 2009-2010
Wrote lesson plans and study guides for English Literature classes in American High Schools.
- Intern, New Statesman London, United Kingdom 2009
Whilst interning as a part of a journalism training I was tasked primarily with research, fact-checking, and covering debates and seminars hosted by the political journal.
- Assistant Grocer, Global Organic Markets Stroud, United Kingdom 2005-2008
Selling and promoting organic and biodynamic vegetables.
- Co-facilitator & Volunteer, Makhad Trust Sinai Peninsula, Egypt 2006
A community development project restoring the bedouin mountain gardens and creating new wells and dams in the ares surrounding Mt. Sinai.
- Intern, Leather Tannery Marrakech, Morocco 2006
Learning to prepare, cure and tan leather in a medieval tannery using traditional methods.
Education & Trainings
- Schumacher College, Holistic Science (MSc) Devon, United Kingdom 2011-2012
Transformative Education for Sustainability. Areas of study: ‘The Phenomenology of Hermeneutics’; ‘Evolution and Complexity Theory’; Science, Spirit and Consciousness; ‘The Ecology of Education’; ‘Myth and Creativity in Facilitation’. Final thesis: Living Education
- PYE Global, Creative Facilitation London, United Kingdom 2012
Facilitation training on fostering creativity and leadership.
- NoSweat College of Journalism London, United Kingdom 2009
Political journalism and current affairs; Media Law; Local Government.
- Waldorf College Project Stroud, United Kingdom 2005-2008
Deep Democracy and Group Facilitation; Goethean Science; ‘Art and Human Consciousness’; Sculpture and Photography; Creative Writing, Storytelling and Theatre; History and Meaning of Science; Independent Year Study: ‘Expressions of Divinity- Music and Cosmology’